Sugar Bowl Crafts regularly reviews and updates our policies to monitor and delivery compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and electronic communication regulations.
The GDPR gives specific rights to people with regard to their personal data and duties to those collecting and processing it as follows:
For those collecting data:
- the data must be collected lawfully and transparently.
- it must be used only for the reason stated for it's collection.
- data collection should be limited to that necessary data for the stated purpose.
- data must be kept accurate and up to date.
- data must only be stored as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- data security and integrity must be maintained.
Individuals providing data have the following rights:
- the right to be informed of the data hed.
- the right of access to that data
- the right to rectification of any incorrect data
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
This means that we will request explicit consent to the collection and holding of personal data and for processing it for specific purposes, as described below.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, such as interest in particular fabrics, or events.
- legally required information such as business VAT numbers
- past order history
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the below.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the goods and services you have ordered from us.
- Internal record keeping and accounting, including legal obligations such as VAT numbers.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may sign up for our newsletter via our website. Our mailing list is managed by Mailchimp, and we rely on their compliance for this, and check on it regulary. You can manage your subscription at any time through this system, or email us with any amendments.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you create an account in our online shop, this will enable you to place orders more quickly. Alternatively you are able to checkout as a guest, in which case we do not hold your information beyond that of processing your order, and record keeping that particular order.
If you sign up for one of our classes or events we store your name and contact details in a file where we manage our class bookings. No financial details are saved in this file. Your information is used to contact you to provide information about your booking and sometimes to ask for your feedback after a class.
If you follow us on third party platforms such as Facebook, or Instagram, you will be relying on their data protection and not ours.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As keeping information about you secure is important to us, certain sections of the site may encryot data using SSL or a comparable standard. But no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
If we become aware of a data breach we will inform the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and also notify anyone we believe may have been affected.
Transactions using bank and card information
We prefer to receive payments for online services via Paypal, as it is quick and secure, so that all your data is protected by their systems. Paypal does not share your card or account details with us, and no data is kept on the card machine.
We do not accept any payment information by email so please do not send it to us! We also now no longer take payments over the telephone. If you would like to make a payment not via our website, please let us know and we can send you an secure payment invoice via Paypal.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Sugar Bowl Crafts , Iron Gates, Beach Close, Aldwick Bay, Bognor Regis, PO214EN, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may ask us to remove all information about you and we will do so, confirm to you that we have done so, and then hold a record to show that we have done this, which will therefore include your name and contact details for legal compliance reasons.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|