So many of you have been messaging me about my Winter cushion on social media. Thank you for all the love! I've compiled this little blog so that you can find all the materials and make your own version. I've made two versions of this cushion. One as a little scatter cushion and one as a larger pillow.
For backing I had a hard time choosing because I loved Mustard (my actual choice in the end) for its lighter glow, Pickle pulled out the green from the leaves and Bamboo had a vintage gold-like quality when I put next to the pattern that really made it look luxurious. Pom pom was equally hard as I have fun felt poms in the shop, but in the end I went for the support soft handmade ones from my left over yarn.
Here's how you can get the look.
- Lewis And Irene - Christmas floral on slate blue for main panel
- Brussels Yard Dyed in Rain for linen border
- Cotton Twill in mustard for backing
For Pillow size you will need:
- 25cm x 50cm min of main panel
- Fat Quarter or long quarter of linen
- half metre of twill
For small scatter cushion:
- Fat eighths of main panel (25cm x 50cm)
- Fat Eighths of linen (25cm x 50cm)
- 25cm x 110cm of Twill
Add some home made poms or tassels for fun.