Like many I am horrified by the events unfolding in Ukraine. My mother fled war torn Europe with images and stories that haunted her for the rest of her life. My heart hurts for the people of Ukraine. So here is a little information to help make and support these brave people.
The crafting/sewing/quilting community is incredible and is daily producing blocks, patterns, offers, donations.
Here are just a few of the incredible patterns already available:
- Pat Sloan - "FREE Quilters Stand For Ukraine Pattern Fundraiser for Ukraine's Children"
- FREE Sunflower Power block pattern by Lella Boutique
- Peace for Ukraine - Foundation Paper Piecing Block by Happy Sew Lucky
Here are few places where you can donate and support the people of Ukraine, these have been globally recognised and verified. Wherever you do donate - please check they verified first!:
- Save the Children (Relief Fund for Ukraine)
- International Rescue Committee
- Global Empowerment Mission (In Poland supporting Ukraine)
- World Central Kitchen